SALARY RANGE: $19.83 – $26.11/Hourly
CLOSING DATE: Position is open until 5:00 PM on Monday, April 10, 2017
The Maintenance Worker is a regular, non-exempt position with a normal work schedule of 40 hours per week. The position is covered under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement between Teamsters Local 58 and the City of Ridgefield.
This position will be in the Public Works Department. The Department manages the design, construction, and operation and maintenance of all City-owned public infrastructure, including streets, sidewalks, water, sewer, stormwater, parks and the cemetery. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing routine duties normally involving physical labor for the maintenance of City streets and rights-of-way, sidewalks, parks and general facilities.
The City of Ridgefield offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes family and domestic partner health benefits such as medical, dental and vision. Coverage is provided through Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield. Other benefits include long-term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. Part-time employees are entitled to benefits on a pro-rated basis. Retirement benefits are provided through Washington State Retirement System.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Education: A high school diploma or equivalent;
- Experience: Two (2) years’ experience in the construction, operation and maintenance of streets, drainage, or facilities. Knowledge of parks maintenance and landscaping is strongly preferred.
- Certification/License at time of hire: A valid driver’s license with a driving record free from serious or frequent violations.
- Ability to obtain certifications/license within six (6) months of hire: an Industrial First Aid/CPR Card and a Flagging and Traffic Control Card.
- Ability to obtain certifications/training within one year of hire: Defensive Driving, confined space, fall protection, fire extinguisher and evacuation, trenching and shoring.
The final candidate will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background investigation including a driving record check.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must submit the following materials:
- A completed Application for Employment.
- A signed and notarized Authorization to Release Information.
- A cover letter explaining why the candidate is interested in the job position, strengths and weaknesses in the job, and a short summary of why the candidate is qualified for the position.
More information and application forms are available on the City’s website at www.ridgefieldwa.us or by calling 360-887-3557.
This announcement is meant only as a general descriptive recruitment guide. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract and is not a complete description of the job.