The Special Event Permit Application Process requires detailed event information. If you are interested in hosting a new event in Ridgefield and would like to get the conversation going with our Special Events Team but aren't ready to submit an application yet, click here to submit the Event Interest Form.
Until your event is pre-approved by the Special Events Team, event organizers are advised not to announce, advertise or promote the event. Use of the City of Ridgefield logo is strictly prohibited unless written permission is obtained.
Application Process Details:
- Special Event Permit Application: Submit an application a minimum of 90 days prior for events that include street closure(s) or use of public right-of-ways; and a minimum of 60 days prior for events that do not.
- Work with Special Event Staff. Upon receipt of completed application, Special Event Staff will contact you regarding required documents and any questions about the event. Event Review Team may schedule an event review meeting.
- Special Event Staff will notify you when your event has been pre-approved, pending required documents/information. Once you have received pre-approval, we encourage you to announce, advertise and promote the event.
- Secure required permits and additional documents. Event Review team will help identify any additional requirements based on the scope of your event. Documents that may be required vary based on event details. Documents that may be required include:
- Certificate of Insurance
- Traffic Control Plan
- Security or Safety Plan
- WA State Liquor and Cannabis Board Permit for service of alcohol
- Business license and/or Health Permits for Vendors
- Notification to Abutting Property Neighbors for Street Closure
- Special Event Permit Issued. Once all required permits and documents have been received, verified and approved, you will receive a completed and signed Special Event Permit agreement for your event. A copy must be onsite and made available day of the event.
Special Event Permits Require a site map. You may download the map below to assist with this: