Steve joined the City of Ridgefield in April 2014, after almost ten years serving as a Clark County Commissioner. For almost two decades, his career has focused on public service – especially work helping communities with land use law and policy – around the Pacific Northwest.
Prior to joining the City of Ridgefield, Steve worked extensively at the State, regional, and local levels, in roles including:
- Clark County Commissioner
- Washington Public Works Board
- Washington Association of Counties Legislative Committee Co-Chair
- SW WA Regional Transportation Council, Chair and Member
- Clark County Agricultural Preservation Advisory Committee Chair
- Urban Policy Board Chair
- C-TRAN Board of Directors
- Bi-State Coordinating Committee Co-Chair
- Joint Planning Advisory Committee on Transportation
- Friends of Clark County, Executive Director
- 1000 Friends of Washington, State Policy Director
Recognition of Steve’s work for healthy communities include the 2002 statewide award for leadership in promoting growth management for a better Washington and the 2014 Greater Vancouver Chamber of Commerce Statesman of the Year Award.
Steve grew up in the Ridgefield area, attending Prairie High School – where he is a member of both the alumni and athletic Hall of Fames. He graduated from Linfield College with Bachelor’s Degrees in Business and Sociology, and a Juris Doctorate from the University of Oregon. He is an active member of the Washington State Bar Association.