The City of Ridgefield has many local non-profit and community groups that promote economic development and local business, sponsor community events, provide benefits and services to the community, volunteer to maintain or improve public facilities and work to fulfill special community needs. These community groups benefit the City by helping to fulfill the City Council goals and to fill special community needs in Ridgefield that may not otherwise be met. It is in the public interest to assist these community groups with those functions that provide services and benefits to the citizens of the City of Ridgefield and support the goals of the City Council.
The following organizations have been recognized as City Partners:
- Ridgefield School District
- Ridgefield Main Street
- Ridgefield Garden Club
- Ridgefield Business Association
- Ridgefield Art Association
- Ridgefield Community Library
- Friends of the Ridgefield National Wildlife Refuge
The City wishes to acknowledge certain organized groups working within the City of Ridgefield as City Partners. To be recognized as a City Partner, the group must meet one of the following criteria: (1) a community group with whom the City has a contract to perform services; (2) a community group that volunteers to maintain or improve public facilities; (3) a community group that serves a public purpose and is working within the City of Ridgefield to accomplish a specific community need or accomplish a specific goal of the City Council.
Groups who meet the criteria as a City Partner may apply for the following benefits:
- Waiver of facility use fees for use of City facilities to provide services to the public that fill a special community need in Ridgefield. Waivers shall be limited to two (2) times annually for any one group.
- Waiver of special event permit fees for those events requiring a special event permit that are public community events that fill a special community need in Ridgefield. Waivers shall be limited to two (2) times annually for any one group.
- Financial contribution or in-kind services not to exceed $1,200 annually for items or events that fill a special community need in Ridgefield.
Any financial contribution must be within the City’s annual budget and/or must be approved by City Council.