Union Ridge Elementary students will be parading through downtown Ridgefield representing a variety of cultures that are being studied in the classroom. Please join us on Tuesday, June 7 from 10:00am to 10:30am to celebrate world cultures!
The parade will begin in the Union Ridge parking lot on N 5th Ave, take a right and head toward Division St, then take a left on Division and walk west to N 3rd Ave. At N 3rd Ave, the parade will turn left and continue south until Simons St, taking a right to travel back to the Union Ridge Parking lot on N 5th Ave. An announcer will be at Davis Park on N 3rd Ave and will present the grade level themes as the parade passes through.
Road Closure: The portions of street that are in the parade will be closed from 9:45am to 10:45am on Tuesday, June 7. This includes:
- N 5th Avenue between Simons St and Division St
- Division St between N 5th Ave and N 3rd Ave
- N 3rd Ave between Division St and Simons St
- Simons St between N 3rd Ave and N 5th Ave
Please avoid parking on the streets of the parade route and plan alternate route accordingly for this 1 hour street closure.
Parents and other parade spectators:
- Please do not park along the parade route. This will block the view of the parade for other spectators.
- Chairs may be placed on sidewalks or in Davis Park. Do not place chairs in front lawns or driveways of private homeowners.
- We recommend arriving early to leave plenty of time to find a suitable parking location and a spot to spectate.