Consumer fireworks are permitted in the City of Ridgefield on July 4th ONLY from 9AM-Midnight.
Fireworks can be extremely disruptive and harmful to animals, children, and individuals. Please be a good neighbor and only discharge fireworks during permitted times. If you need to report illegal firework discharge to Ridgefield Police, please call 360-597-7888.
Do NOT call 911 or 311 to report fireworks violations. During the Fourth of July weekend, call 360-597-7888 to report fireworks violations.
Only call 911 if you witness or see something on fire or if there is a medical or life-threatening emergency. Callers reporting illegal discharge or noise complaints around fireworks delay or block other callers with life-threatening emergencies from reaching 911. Ridgefield Police will be responding to firework violation calls made to 360-597-7888. Fireworks violations, discharge outside of permissible times or use of illegal fireworks, can result in up to $1,000 fine.
If you choose to use fireworks, PLEASE use them responsibly:
- Discharge fireworks on July 4 ONLY between 9am and Midnight.
- All school grounds, parks, building rooftops, parking lots, playfields and athletic fields are off limits for the lighting/use of fireworks.
- If you live outside the city limits, other regulations apply. For information about the sale and discharge of fireworks in areas outside the city limits, take a look at the Clark County website.
- Use them safely outdoors, always with adult supervision.
- Clean up fireworks residue when you are done.
- Sweep up debris and put used fireworks in a bucket of water overnight.
- Remove them from the water and put them in a garbage bag and into your garbage can.
- Dump the water onto grass, dirt or other landscape where it won’t flow into a storm drain and into the river. Do not pour onto pavement, into the street or down a drain.
Fireworks may be sold in the City of Ridgefield beginning at Noon on July 1 through 11pm July 4.
Alternative to Fireworks
The Ridgefield 4th of July Committee will be hosting their second Laser Light Show at Abrams Park on Monday, July 4. The show begins at 10pm, seating is first-come after 8pm. Bring chairs or blankets. No animals allowed. For additional information on the Laser Light Show or the 4th of July Parade and Celebration visit their website at www.Ridgefield4th.com.
4th of July Parade and Celebration
The Ridgefield 4th of July Committee is an incorporated non-profit organization which promotes a spirit of patriotism through an annual Independence Day celebration in Ridgefield, Washington. This year, the 4th of July is on a Monday.
There is something for everyone to enjoy while in Ridgefield for the 4th – free outdoor entertainment, Fun Run, contests and games, foods & beverages, arts & crafts, a fabulous parade and more. For more information about activities and schedule please visit the website, ridgefield4th.com
Chairs may be placed for the parade after 6pm on Sunday, July 3rd.
Please note: The parade route has changed this year. Click to view the updated parade route before planning your day.
For more information about activities and schedule please visit their website, ridgefield4th.com