JOB CLOSING DATE: Monday, March 20, 2017 – 5:00PM
JOB STATUS: CLOSED – NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
SALARY RANGE: $24.10-$31.73/HOUR
The Maintenance Worker III is a regular, non-exempt position with a normal work schedule of 40 hours per week. The position is covered under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement between Teamsters Local 58 and the City of Ridgefield.
This position will be in the Public Works Department. The Department manages the design, construction, and operation and maintenance of all City-owned public infrastructure, including streets, sidewalks, water, sewer, stormwater, parks and the cemetery. The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Performing a variety of skilled tasks in parks, streets operations, maintenance, repair and/or construction work with a focus on stormwater maintenance and projects;
- Operating heavy mobile equipment necessary to perform job duties;
- Overseeing and working on maintenance and repair projects for the stormwater collection and distribution facilities including, but not limited to, ditches, manholes, drain inlets, and underground pipelines;
- Providing lead worker assistance to supervisory and/or management staff; and
- Exercising direct field supervision over assigned crews.
The City of Ridgefield offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes family and domestic partner health benefits such as medical, dental and vision. Other benefits include long-term disability, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. Retirement benefits are provided through Washington State Retirement System.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Education: A high school diploma or equivalent;
- Experience: Four (4) years’ increasingly responsible experience in the construction, operation and maintenance of streets, drainage, or facilities. Experience in leading field crew personnel is preferred.
- Certification/License at time of hire: A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain certifications/license within six (6) months of hire: Washington State Commercial Driver’s License (Class B) with Tanker and Air Brake Endorsements, Pesticide Applicator License, Certified Erosion Control Lead (CESCL), Industrial First Aid/CPR and a Flagging and Traffic Control Card.
- Ability to obtain certifications/training within one year of hire: Defensive Driving, confined space, fall protection, fire extinguisher and evacuation, trenching and shoring.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of stormwater systems and stormwater maintenance is strongly preferred.
The final candidate will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background investigation including a driving record check.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates must submit the following materials:
- A completed Application for Employment.
- A signed and notarized Authorization to Release Information.
- A cover letter explaining why the candidate is interested in the job position, strengths and weaknesses in the job, and a short summary of why the candidate is qualified for the position.
Your completed application should be sent/delivered to:
City of Ridgefield
PO Box 608
230 Pioneer Street
Ridgefield, WA 98642
The City of Ridgefield is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This announcement is meant only as a general descriptive recruitment guide. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract and is not a complete description of the job.