Water Service

Customer Service

If you are moving in or out of a property serviced by the City of Ridgefield please give us as much notice as possible. Call 360-887-3557 or fill out the Utility Billing Account Application to set up or close an account. 

Problems or Emergencies

The City of Ridgefield shuts off water due to non-payment and other utility account issues. If your water has been shut off, please call 360-887-3557 during business hours (8am-5pm) to make payment arrangements and be reconnected. If outside of business hours, please leave a voicemail or email utilities@ci.ridgefield.wa.us, your call will be returned during business hours. 

The City can assist you if you have an emergency or need to have your water turned off. If you would like to schedule an appointment to turn off your water, please call the Operations Division at (360) 887-8251. Appointments can be made Monday- Friday 8:00 am- 3:30 pm. There is a $15.00 fee for this service. 

If you have an emergency after business hours, please call after hours emergency Public Works number at (360) 518-8146.

Water Service

If you would like to determine if your property is eligible for water service within the City, complete the Water Availability Request Form and submit to the Public Works Department.

If you would like the City to install a water service line, complete the Water Service Line Installation Request Form and submit to the Public Works Department.

If you require a meter for new construction, complete the Meter Installation Request Form and submit to the Public Works Department. Usually, new service can be installed within one week.

Water Leaks

It is possible to detect leaks in your home on your own. Most water leaks can be seen or heard, though some can be very difficult to detect. Click here for information on how you can detect a leak and what you can do to fix it. To request a water leak billing adjustment, complete and submit the Leak Adjustment Application to the Utility Department.

Water Meters

The water meter is a City-owned device that measures the quantity of water used by a citizen or business. It is the device that meter readers read for every billing cycle to determine water usage.

Water Conservation

Water Conservation saves money, preserves wildlife, and ensures there is enough water for all uses. Click here to see what you can do to help.

Backflow and Cross Connection

Cross connections are found in all plumbing systems. A cross connection is a point in the system where the potable water supply is connected to a non-potable source. Briefly, a cross connection exists whenever the drinking water system is or could be connected to any non-potable source (plumbing fixture, equipment used in any plumbing system). Pollutants or contaminants can enter the safe drinking water system through uncontrolled cross connections when backflow occurs.

Backflow is the unwanted flow of non-potable substances back into the consumer’s plumbing system and/or public water system (i.e. drinking water). Backflow preventers are mechanical devices designed to prevent backflow through cross connections. It is important that each cross connection is identified and evaluated as to the type of backflow protection required to protect the drinking water supply.

For more information, visit American Water Works Association (Pacific Northwest section) and the Cross Connection Information Page.  You can download a list of approved backflow testers for Ridgefield here.

Water Quality Reporting

The City of Ridgefield is pleased to present a summary of the quality of water provided to you. We are committed to efficiently provide you with a safe and reliable water supply. The Annual Water Quality Report contains information about your drinking water as required by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The City of Ridgefield is proud to inform you that our water quality continues to exceed state and federal standards.

For more information, review the most recent reports

Stay Connected

Scroll Up