City of Ridgefield logo on flag

Manage Your Utility Account

Normal Billing Practices Resume Oct 1

The City of Ridgefield will resume normal billing operations effective October 1, 2021. This will include late fees and service disconnections for non-payment. Normal billing operations include: 

  • Payment is due on or before the close of business on the due date noted on the bill. Any payment that is not received by the close of business on the due date is considered delinquent.
  • Delinquent water and stormwater utility accounts will be assessed a 10% late fee. A delinquent notice will be sent to the account holder.
  • Delinquent accounts not paid by the “Shut Off Date” (minimum 16 days from past payment due date) will have service disconnected and be assessed a $50 administrative termination processing fee. Service will remain shut off until the unpaid balance, including penalties and fees, is paid in full or alternative payment arrangements have been made.

If you are having difficulty paying your bill, please contact us at 360-887-3557 or to discuss payment arrangements and avoid possible late fees or service disconnections. 

Click on the image to view a printable billing calendar.

City of Ridgefield provides water and stormwater management services to residents within the Ridgefield city limits.

Other utility services are provided for within the City but are offered through franchise agreements. See links below for other utilities such as gas, electricity, garbage and sewer.

Gas: Northwest Natural Gas
Electricity: Clark Public Utilities
Garbage: Waste Connections
Sewer: Clark Regional Wastewater District

To set up or close a water or stormwater utility account, call 360-887-3557 or click on Setup or Close Account.

2020 Utility Rate Comparison

How do utility rates in Ridgefield compare to the rest of Clark County?

The Finance Department periodically conducts a rate comparison analysis with other jurisdictions in Clark County. The 2020 Utility Rate Comparison data is available here. 

AgencyWaterUtility TaxSewerOperating Fee/Utility TaxStormUtility TaxRate w/ Utility TaxRate w/o Utility TaxNotes
Battle Ground26.2712.00%50.6012.00%12.0812.00%99.62488.95
Clark County Unincorporated23.800.00%40.000.00%3.920.00%67.7267.72a, b
La Center23.806.00%66.000.00%10.206.00%102.04100.00
Vancouver 29.8728.90%46.4028.90%11.8028.90%88.0762.62c
a) Water offered through Clark Public Utilities. Sewer offered through Clark Regional Wastewater District
b) Storm Water rate inside urban growth area of unincorporated Clark County.
c) The City of Vancouver includes taxes in the total rates and does not break them out externally.
d) The City of Washougal includes taxes in the total rates and does not break them out externally.

Low-Income Discount Program

The Low-Income discount program is designed to offer reduced utility rates for citizens who meet federal poverty guidelines based on family size. Please complete the Low Income Discount Form and contact customer service for more information or questions on eligibility.

Water Leaks

If your most recent water bill is unusually high, it is possible that you have a water leak. Most water leaks can be seen or heard, though some can be difficult to detect. There are several steps you can take to determine if you have a water leak. Click here to learn more.

If you have discovered a leak and your water usage is more than double the usage fo the previous year during the same billing period, you may apply to an adjustment to your bill. To request a water leak billing adjustment, complete and submit a Leak Adjustment Application.

Voluntary Shut-Off

The City can assist you if you have an emergency or need to have your water turned off. If you would like to schedule an appointment to turn off your water, please call the Utility Services at 360-887-3557. Appointments can be made Monday- Friday 8:00 am- 3:30 pm. There is a $15.00 fee for this service. 

New Water Service

If you would like to determine if your property is eligible for water service within the City, complete and return the Water Availability Request Form in the Permit Center.

If you would like the City to install a water service line, complete the Water Service Line Installation Request Form and submit to the Public Works Department.

If you require a meter for new construction, complete the Meter Install Request. 

Contact Information

230 Pioneer St.
PO Box 608
Ridgefield, WA 98642
Phone: (360) 857-5014
Fax: (360) 887-0861

Stay Connected