City of Ridgefield logo flag

Utility FAQ

What utilities services does the City of Ridgefield provide?
The City of Ridgefield provides water and storm water management services to residents within the Ridgefield city limits.

Who do I contact regarding utility services?
For questions regarding utility service provided by the City of Ridgefield please contact the Utility Billing Department.

Utility Billing hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, excluding holidays.
Customer service phone number:  (360) 887-3557
Emergency service phone number:  (360) 518-8146
Mailing address for business office: PO box 608, Ridgefield, WA  98642
Location: Ridgefield Administrative and Civic Center (RACC), 510 Pioneer Street, Suite B, Ridgefield, WA  98642

How do I set up a new account or close my current account?
To start, stop, or transfer service, you may complete our utility account application online or provide the information over the phone at (360) 887-3557. To better assist you with your account, please download the utility billing brochure and utility billing calendar.

In the event of death or divorce requiring a name change on the account, be sure to contact the city with those changes by emailing, calling 360-887-3557, or visiting 510 Pioneer Street, Suite B, Ridgefield, WA, 98642.

How do I register my account online?
Visit our online account management page. Follow the steps under “First time user? Register now” Need help? Call Customer Service at 360-887-3557.

If you have recently moved to a new address and previously set up an online account, you will need to add your new account to the login. Login to Online Account Management and navigate to “My Profile.” Under Your Accounts click “Add more accounts” to this membership and input your account information from your statement. You can then make your new account the default and remove the old account.

This is an online program, where you can review your utility account, history, and consumption, and make electronic check and credit card payments online from the convenience and security of your home computer.

Where do I find my account number?
You can find your account number in the upper right corner of your statement, under Account Information.

Can I set up Automatic Payment?
Ridgefield Utilities offers an automatic payment option from your debit/credit card, or checking account. Auto Pay automatically withdraws payment from your account on the due date of your bill. Once you’ve registered your account number for online account management, opt for auto payments and input your method of payment. You can also opt to have electronic and/or paper statements.

How often will I receive a bill?
Bills for water and storm-water services shall be issued bimonthly by Ridgefield Utilities, and are required to be paid in full by the due date noted on the statement. You may download a utility billing calendar for a detailed billing schedule.

When is the meter read?
To ensure accuracy, an automated radio reading is obtained every other month.

What if I cannot pay my bill?
Customers who are unable to pay their utility bill by the due date are encouraged to contact the Utility Billing Department at the RACC, 510 Pioneer Street, Suite B, Ridgefield, WA 98642 to see if they qualify for other payment arrangements.

What happens if my utilities get disconnected?
Any customer who is disconnected for non-payment shall not be reconnected until payment of all charges and fees outlined in the Notice of Past Due Balance and Disconnection of Service is received, or a payment arrangement has been approved.

What if I have a leak?
When any customer becomes aware of a leak on his or her premises and the water usage is more than double the usage of the previous year during the same billing period, the customer may apply for an adjustment to their water bill. Please complete the Leak Adjustment form and return to the Utility Billing Department  at 510 Pioneer Street, Suite B with the appropriate documentation.

For a new construction home, how do I  get a water meter?
New construction: complete the water meter installation request form, usually new service will be installed within a week, but can take up to two weeks depending on staff availability.

Will I need a deposit?
No. The City of Ridgefield does not charge a deposit for new residential customers.

What rates does the City of Ridgefield charge for water and/or storm water utilities?
Rates for water and storm-water management are adopted by the Ridgefield City Council and are contained in the City’s Municipal Code.

  • Water Service:
    Water bills are charged a base rate and a usage fee (usage measured in cubic feet).
  • Stormwater Management (drainage):
    Because all real property in the City contributes drainage runoff to and/or benefits from the City’s stormwater drainage system, charges are applied based on the cost of providing drainage service within the City.

Whom do I make the check out to when paying my water bill?
Checks for utility bills should be made payable to “City of Ridgefield” and mailed to P.O. Box 608, Ridgefield, WA 98642.

What are the payment deadlines and penalties for late payment of my water bill?
For your convenience, a Utility Billing Calendar, showing all payment due dates for the year, is available to ensure you do not miss a payment due date. A 10% penalty fee will be assessed on any outstanding balance after the payment due date.

What happens if I have an excess credit after my final bill?
Any credit remaining on a customer’s utility account after the final bill has been created shall be refunded to the customer in the form of a check issued by the City of Ridgefield and sent to the forwarding address that has been provided.

Contact Information

510 Pioneer St., Suite B
PO Box 608
Ridgefield, WA 98642
Phone: (360) 887-5014
Fax: (360) 887-0861

Stay Connected