Kick off our second Make A Difference Month on Saturday, November 6th with a Community Service Day!
This November, find us at Abrams Park for a community-focused First Saturday! There will be multiple volunteering projects to participate in and we will serve lunch to volunteers in Bennett Hall from Noon-1PM. All vendors will be located at Abrams Park.
For this event, we would especially love to see non-profit organizations as vendors! If you haven’t been to a First Saturday event before, we would love to have you! As a reminder, non-profits do not have to pay to be a vendor. Click here to complete the vendor application and reserve your spot!
You are invited to participate in any of these volunteer projects! Check in at Bennett Hall at Abrams Park to sign waivers and get directions. Save time by completing Volunteer Registration before you arrive! After you are finished, come back to a heated Bennett Hall for a free volunteers pizza lunch from 12PM-1PM. Please dress for the weather and bring work gloves.
- 9AM-12PM Abrams Park Nature Play Area: Join us for Phase 2 of building the Abrams Park Nature Play Area on Saturday, November 6th from 9AM-12PM. Volunteers ages 7+ are invited to join in and help continue the build of this new play area.
- 9AM-12PM Abrams Park General Projects: Help out with various projects around Abrams Park.
- 10AM-12PM Ridgefield Main Street: Help Ridgefield Main Street beautify Downtown Ridgefield by re-planting their flower pots OR by helping with Downtown Clean-Up. Main Street Volunteers can gather at the Pioneer Street Game Park (in between Pioneer Street Cafe and Fin & Feather)
H.U.G.S. DRIVE FOR RIDGEFIELD FAMILY RESOURCE CENTER
H.U.G.S. stands for Hats, Underwear, Gloves, and Socks! This Make A Difference Month support the Ridgefield Family Resource Center with donations of these essential items. Donation bins will be available in all city offices October 29th through November 12th during business hours, as well as at the First Saturday event at Abrams Park on Saturday, November 6.
KIDS ACTIVITIES – 9AM-2PM
- Card-Making Station: Craft your own thank you or encouragement card for a member of your community!
- Ornament Making Station: Make a “Make A Difference Month” ornament for our tree in the Hometown Celebration Tree Decorating Contest!
- Orienteering: Practice the sport of navigation in Abrams Park! Check out the orienteering map and learn how to use a compass and map to navigate while learning about Ridgefield organizations.
Columbia Play Project Returns! Bring the kids to join Columbia Play Project’s coloring activity for the young and young-at-heart and learn how this community organization is bringing exploratory play spaces in Clark County. Learn more about the Columbia Play Project on their website.
START YOUR MAKE A DIFFERENCE MONTH CHALLENGE
The Make A Difference Month Challenge returns for a second year! Complete weekly challenges that benefit our community throughout the month of November and track your progress. If you complete each weekly challenge you will receive an “I Made A Difference” certificate with thank you card from Mayor Stose.
VENDOR MARKET – 9am-2pm
First Saturday vendors as well as additional local non-profit organizations will be at Abrams Park from 9AM-2PM.
Scheduled Vendors: 4 Guys Homemade Gifts, Alpenrose, Catholic Community Services, Clark County Historical Museum, Columbia Play Project, Compassion 360, Friends of Clark County, Harvest of Peace Microgreens, HS Taekwondo, Ink & Stitches, Jeanne Saxton, Keebler Coffee Roasters, Glenice Falter, Ohana Soft Play, Pig Feathers Farm and Gift, PNW Suds Soapery, Purpose Stones, RAM and Co., Ridgefield American Legion Post 44, Ridgefield Community Gleaners Association, US Army Vancouver Recruiting, Vancouver Chinese Association, Villages Clark County, Yoonique Tea.