Special Event Permit


Special Event Permits are required for gatherings/events that impact the use of city streets, sidewalks, and public right-of-way, and/or impact the need for city-provided emergency services such as police, fire, or medical aid. These events include gatherings/activities hosted by private groups or organizations that include an invitation to 100 people or more, and all gatherings/events that involve an open invitation to the public.

This Special Event permit process provides the City of Ridgefield a mechanism to prevent conflicts in use of city property, allow for necessary site/facility preparations, and protect the public’s health, safety, and general welfare. The City of Ridgefield reserves the right to refuse the use of any facilities if permit requirements are not met.

Examples of events requiring a Special Events Permit include, but are not limited to: block parties, festivals, parades, fun runs or bike rides, concerts, and performances, etc. If you are unsure if your event will require a Special Event Permit, please contact Ireland Coleman at 360-857-5019.

Block Party Permit

A "Block Party" is a gathering organized by residents of the neighborhood abutting the street to be closed for their enjoyment. A Block Party requires a permit issued by the City of Ridgefield. Application must be received at least two weeks prior to event.

After receipt of the Block Party Permit Application, you may be contacted by affected City departments if additional information is needed or to discuss specific plans to accommodate the Block Party and its impact upon the public generally.

Street Closure for Block Party

If a Block Party will close or restrict a public street, the street closure requirements are:

  • Street is a residential/local roadway;
  • Preferably a non-through street;
  • Closure must be for entire block;
  • Must use barricades to block streets
  • Street closure limited to daylight hours only, and starting no earlier than 8 am and ending no later than 10 pm.

Application Process Details

  1. Block Party Permit Application: Submit an application a minimum of 2 weeks prior to event.
  2. Work with Special Event Staff. Upon receipt of completed application, Special Event Staff will contact you regarding required documents and any questions about the event. Event Review Team may schedule an event review meeting.
  3. Secure required permits and additional documents. Event Review team will help identify any additional requirements based on the scope of your event.
  4. Documents that may be required vary based on event details. Documents that may be required include:
    1. Abutting Neighbors Consent (Form Here: https://ridgefieldwa.us/wp-content/uploads/Block-Party-Neighbors-Consent.pdf)
    2. Map of affected roadway
    3. Clark County Health Department Permit
    4. WA State Liquor and Cannabis Board Permit
  5. Block Party Permit Issued. Once all required permits and documents have been received, verified, and approved, you will receive a completed and signed Block Party Permit agreement for your event. A copy must be on site and made available day of the event.

Reserve A Park

Native American art panels

With the Cogran Online Reservation System, you can access photos and descriptions, see real-time availability, submit reservation requests, and pay deposits and rental fees online. Reservation requests may be submitted for 2023 dates beginning January 1, 2023.

Please note that the parks available for reservation through this process include Abrams and Overlook Parks only. Please visit the Ridgefield School District page to reserve Ridgefield Outdoor Recreation Complex (RORC). All other City Parks are available to the public on a first-come, first-served basis, reservations are not accepted.